Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Revisiting the Past

Earlier this year, on my birthday actually, I went to the city for lunch and I took my camera.  I tried doing some HDR images, but at that time I only had photoshop.  Since then I have purchased Photomatix and I thought today I would try redoing some of the images I had done from that day.


I thought they were too grey before.  It was a very overcast day, and the light was very bright, as is to be expected in early January.  However, whilst I still think this is very grey, there is still lots of splashes of colour here and there.  I do think it is vibrant.


This was one of my favourite images from that day.  I compared this image with the original HDR I did with Photoshop and this is a lot better.  The colours really pop.  There isn't a lot of colour, but what there is really stands out.


Under the train lines.  I don't know if this one is better, it is certainly more realistic.


I haven't done this much.  That is turn an image into black and white during the HDR process, or rather in Photomatix.  I don't mind it and thing it works well with this image.

What is your favourite?

1 comment: