Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Phillip Island Nobbies

On Saturday I took some photos at the Nobbies.  I showed the photos on my other blog, here.  I thought I would show some here as well, though, I wanted to see what they would be like if they were black and white.


Sometimes when you make images in just black and white in makes the viewer concentrate more on the mood, and you don't get distracted by the colours.  The ocean has many colours in it, but in these images I want you to look at the waves, because when we were there at the rocks, that is all we look at, the waves.


The sea was angry and the rocks were being pounded, over and over by the waves.  It is not very often you them like this.


The waves were huge, and every now and then one of them would go so much higher than any of the others.  This image works better in black and white because I found the corner in the left bottom too distracting.  It is all green, now you just look at the wave.  Well, I hope you do.


Wind surfers, must have been a great day for them  It was so wild.  I don't know how these guys were doing it.  They must have been having a lot of fun, but they must have been so cold as well.  I was freezing.  The wind was so chilly, felt like it was coming straight off the Antarctica, probably was.

Would you go wind surfing in this weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment