Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Experimenting with the Camera

My daughter was out training the other day with another girl and they were riding behind the motorbike.  I was on the bike taking some photos and working out how I was going to do it for the race coming up this weekend. 

Since the girls were motorpacing and right behind the bike most of the time it was too difficult to take photos so I took to taking photos of the scenery.  The sun was setting and put on a magnificent display.

Then it changed again and looked almost like it was on fire.



On the way back in the van, being a passenger for a change I tried taking some photos on the freeway.  It was getting dark so I slowed down the shutter speed to a few seconds.  I tried taking some photos out the front of the windscreen.  Here is one of my first attempts.

I ended up having to put the camera into the manual mode so that I could really control what I wanted.  For some reason when it is in shutter priority it wouldn't let me take photos at a few seconds.  After putting it on manual I was able to take some photos with the shutter being open for between 1 1/2 seconds up to 8 seconds.  I really liked the way the light dances around.

As we were going through the etags gates,  I discovered that I could get some lovely purple light.

I love the colours and tried to get as many as I could.




I haven't played much with the camera since getting it and I think it is about time I did.  I need to remember how much fun it is.  I used to love taking photos and I think the fact that I can see what I've taken straight away is going to make me love it all over again.  I can't wait to go out again and do some more.

2 comments:

  1. WOW - all the photos you've shared are great. No idea which would be my favourite.

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libby, I certainly had a lot of fun taking them. I want to do some more, but will have to find someone to drive me.

    ReplyDelete